Rajab Shaban and Ramdhan are the months of great Fazilath. Mohammad Sallallah -u-Alehi Wa Alehi Wa Sallam(P.B.U.H) said "That the month of Rajab is very great and no other month could reach to the Ihtheram (respect) and Fazilath of this month. Battle with kuffar is haram in this month. Rajab is Allah's month. Shaban is my month and Ramadhan is my Ummah's month. Whoever fasts for a day in this month Allah will keep Azaab ( punishment ) away from him and he will please Allah, and one of the many doors of hell will be closed on him".
Imam Mose-E-Kazim (A.S) said that whoever fasts for a day in Rajab the fire of hell will be kept away from him for at least the distance of a year. And if a person fasts for three days then Jannath (Heaven) will be wajib on him.
Rasule-Khuda (peace be upon him) said That Rajab is a name of a stream in Heaven, which is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey. And if any person fasts for a day in this month he will drink water from this stream.
Imam Jafar-E-Sadiq (A.S) said that Rasule-Khuda (peace be upon him) said that this month of Rajab is the month of Asthaqgfar for my Ummah. Thus ask for Allah's forgiveness for our sins in this Mubarak month. Allah is most forgiving and most merciful. And the other name for Rajab is Asabb because Allah's Rehmath on Ummah is more in this month, so one should recite Astaghfirullah Wa Asalhut Tawbah a lot.
Imam Jafar-E-Sadiq (A.S) said whoever keeps one fast in the last days of Rajab, Allah will save him from the hardship of dying (sakrath-e-moth) and from azaab-e-moth. And if a person fasts on the last two days of Rajab, he will pass Pul-E-Sirath with ease. And if a person fasts on the last three days he will be saved from the khawf of Qayamath and hardships of this day and will be saved from hell.
Imam Zainul Abideen (A.S) said if a person cannot keep fast in this month he should recite the following Tasbeeh:
Subhan-al illahil Jaleeli Subhana mal-la yanbaghit tasbeehu illa lahu Subhanal a-aazzil akrami subhana mal laisal izza wa-hua- lahu ahl.
Amaal For The Month Of Rajab
There are many Duas and Amaals in the month of Rajab.I am mentioning a few. If youwant a detailed account of the Aamaals you can refer to Mafati-Hal-Jinnah.
1 - Recite dua 'Yaa man arjoohu' after every namaz. (Scroll down for the dua )
2 - Recite Salawaat at least 35 times daily.
3 - Offer 2 Rakat namaz every night. In each rakat, after Suratal Fateha, recite Suratal Kafiroon 3 times and Suratal Ikhlaas once.
4 - Do Istighfaar (ask for forgiveness) and then give Sadaqa (charity).
5 - Fasting on Thursday, Friday & Saturday (3 consecutive days) may earn sawaab of 900 years of ibaadat (worship).
6 - Fast on 1st of Rajab and recite Ziarate Waritha on 1st night & day.
7 - Fast on Mondays.
8 - Perform ghusl on 1st, 15th and last days.
9 - Recite namaze shab as often as possible.
10 - Recite "Laa ilaaha illallah" as often as possible. (At least 100
01) Dua to be read every morning and evening in the month of rajab.
Bismillah-irr-rahman -ir-rahim-Ya man arjooho likulle khairu-wa-aamanu sana hathu inda kulle sharrin ya man yuti man sa-alahu ya man yuti mal-lam yas aluhu mal-lam yaa rifuhu tahan-nunnan minhu wa rahmatan aatini biman alaihi-iyyaka jameea Khairiddunya wa jameea khairil aakhirate wasrif anne bimasalati iyyaka jameea sharriddunya wa sharril aakhirati fa innahu ghairu manqysin maa aataitana zidni min fad lika ya Karim
Hold beard with left hand( like Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.h) and say---Yaa Zul jalale wal ikrame -- Yaa Zun naemaae wal judhe -- Yaa Zal manne wa tawle -- harrim shaibati alannar
02) Recite 100 times the following:-
Astaghfirillahal lazi laa ilaha hua wahdahu lashreekalahu wa aatuboilaih
And then give sadaqah, Allah will bestow Rehmath and Maqferath on him and if he recite the same 400 hundred times Allah gives him ajre-shuhadah
03) Recite -- La ilaha illallah 1000 times
04) Recite -- 70 times daily in the morning and evening "Astaghfirullaha wa aatubo ilaih " and then raise hands and say "Allahummagh firli wa atoobo ilaih
05) Recite -- 1000 times "Astaghfir ullaha zal jalale wal ikrame min jamee- ez- zunoobi wal aasame
06) Recite Sureh Qul huAllah o Ahad 10,000times or 1000 times or 100 times there is a lot of Fazilath and if you recite this surah 100 times on Friday, there will be a special noor for him on the day of Qayamath which will pull him towards heaven
07) Fast on Any day of Rajab and then recite 4 rakaath of namaz and in the first rakaath after Al-Hamd 100 times Ayathal Kursi and in second rakaath after Al-Hamd Surah Qul Huallahu Ahad.The reward for this Aamal is he will not die till he sees his house in Heaven!!
08) On Friday recite 4 rakaath Namaz between Zuhar and Asr and in every rakaath after Al-Hamd 7 times Ayathal Kursi, 5 times Qul Huallahu Ahad and after the namaz say Astaghfirullahalazi lailaha illa hua wa as aluhu wa aatoobata 10 times.
09) Keep fast on every Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this month, the Fazilath of this act is he will be rewarded the sawab of 900 years of Ibadath.
10) In the whole month of Rajab recite 60 rakaath namaz . In every rakaath after Sura-e-Hamd ,3 times Sura-e-Kafiroon and one time Sura-e- Qul.Huallahu Ahad. After every Salaam raise your hands and say --" La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul mulku walahul hamdu yuhi wa yumith wahua hayun layamuth beyadihil Khair wa hua ala kulle shai in qadeer. wa ilaihil maseeru wa lahoula wala quwatha illa billahil aliyil azeem. Allahumma salli ala mohammadin nabeeyil ummi wa alehi .And then wipe the hands on your face. The reward for this act is 60 Hajj and 60 Umrah
11) On any night of Rajab recite 2 rakaath namaz with 100 Qul Huallahu Ahad. Allah will reward him the Sawab of 100 years of Fast.
12) Recite 10 rakaath namaz and in every rakaath after Sura-e- Hamd one time Sura-e-Kafiroon and 3 times Sura-e- Qul Huallahu Ahad. His sins will be forgiven
13) Recite these Suras.1. Hamd 2. four Quls and 3. Ayaath ul Kursi (3 times) on every day and night of Rajab, Shaban and Ramadhan . After which recite 3 times --" subhan Allahi wal hamdu lillahiwa laillaha ilallahu wallahu Akberu wa lahoula wala quwatha illa billahil aaliyil azeem." Three times say---" Allahumma salli ala Mohammadin wa ale Mohammad". 3 times say--" Allah hummaqfirlil momineen wal momeenath".and 400 times say "Astaghfirullaha wa atoobo ilaih". Allah will forgive his sins even if they are as many as the drops of rain.
14) The most immportant night is the first Thursday night (Shab-E-Juma) . It is called Lailathil-Raghayab.Keep fast on the first Thursday of this month and then in between Maghrib and Isha recite 12 rakaath namaz and in every rakaath after Sura-e- Hamd ,3 times Innanzalna and 12 times Sura-e- Qul Huallahu Ahad. And after the namaz recite 70 times--"Allahumma salli ala Mohammadin nabeeyil ummi wa ala alehi". and then go in the sajdhah and recite 70 times--" Subbuhun quddusun Rabbil Malaaikathi war ruh" then raise your head from sajdhah and say 70 times --" Rabbighfir warham wa thajaawaz aamma thalam innaka anthal aleeyul azeem."and then go back in the sajdhah and say--" Subbuhun quddusun Rabbil Malaaikathi war ruh" After this ask for your hajath. InshAllah it will be fulfilled.
15) It is of great Fazilath to do Umra in this month.